The team at Your Gold Coast Dentist would like to take this opportunity to provide some information regarding our “Business as Usual” situation as a result of COVID-19.
We always implement strict infection control procedures and practices as guided by the regulators. We have implemented additional precaution as recommended by Australia Dental Association, World Health Organisation and Chief Medical Officers in response to COVID-19.
We will continue to see patients. Please don’t feel we are unfriendly or rude if we do not shake your hand, pass you a pen with a barrier on it or hand you an EFTPOS machine with a cover. These precaution are there to protect us and all our patients, especially the most vulnerable. Please be aware that we always:
🦷 Do a complete clean down and disinfect all surfaces including chairs, arm rests, tables and all other surfaces that come into contact with our patients
🦷 Gloves are changed prior to each new patient.
🦷 Clinic staff will always wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including surgical masks, surgical gowns, surgical head-wear, gloves and protective eye-wear when in the clinic environment.
- You are suffering from one or more of these symptoms: coughing, sore throat, fatigue, and shortness of breath or severe acute respiratory infection with or without fever
- A history of being overseas in the 14 days prior to symptom onset
- Close contact within 14 days of symptom onset with any of the following:
- a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- a healthcare facility overseas.
If a member of your family fulfills one of these criteria, we request that you also call our reception staff for advice and delay any non-urgent appointments.
Sorry for the inconvenienced caused and hope you understand such safety measures with the current situation. We thank you for your cooperation in helping prevent the spread of this virus.