Tooth decay damages the teeth, creating holes in them. When this happens, you need a trusted dental partner to help stop the damage before it worsens.
At Your Gold Coast Dentist, our preventative dentistry services such as tooth fillings stop the progress of tooth decay and restore the teeth’s bite and beauty.
Uses Of Dental Fillings
Dental fillings are materials used to fill a tooth’s holes, cracks, and other damage to restore its strength and beauty. Some of the minor issues it solves are:
- Chipped teeth
- Tooth decay
- Worn teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Today, composite fillings are used most dentists and preferred by most patients. The material resembles the shade of the tooth and thus looks natural. There are no controversies involving composite fillings. They are completely safe and have no known side effects. And with improvements in the industry, composite fillings now offer the strength of silver or amalgam variants.
Replacing Amalgam Fillings
In the past, the materials used for fillings were amalgam. The material is durable, perfect for fillings that have to be placed on chewing surfaces of molars. However, due to its mercury content, newer and safer technology has replaced amalgam
At Your Gold Coast Dentist, we replace old amalgam fillings with composite fillings. If you have old amalgam fillings, we can help. Visit us for your initial consultation.
The Tooth Filling Procedure
Getting a tooth filling is easy and hassle-free. Ideal candidates can have their dental fillings in just one visit.
- The target tooth is first cleaned and all the decayed enamel is removed.
- The area is cleaned and disinfected.
- The target tooth is isolated and kept dry during the bonding process.
- A dental adhesive is applied followed by the resin material.
- A curing light is focused for about 30 seconds to harden it.
Benefits Of Dental Fillings
Dental fillings offer practical and aesthetic benefits such as:
- Little tooth preparation
- Conservative and less invasive treatment
- Fast results (done in one visit)
- Look and feel like your natural tooth
- Stop tooth decay from further destruction
- Bond and support the remaining structure of the treated tooth
Schedule Your Next Appointment at Your Gold Coast Dentist
Restore your teeth’s beauty and function with composite fillings in our office. The material is 100% safe, so you don’t have to worry. Come and see us today for your initial consultation.
- PAY NO GAP – NO GAP for Check-Up and Clean (with any health insurance)
- NO HEALTH INSURANCE? – Only $149 for Check-Up and Clean
Call (07) 5594 6699 or visit us at Gold Coast Parkwood Piazza, Shop 10/300 Olsen Avenue in Parkwood on the Gold Coast.
Evening and Saturday appointments available!