Dental health is a key part of staying happy, healthy, and attractive. If you have poor dental health, you may not have other harmful conditions at the moment, but you likely will.
This is why visiting a dentist is critical. But what if you aren’t regularly seeing a dentist? Or what if you don’t even have a dentist to go to?
Choosing a perfect dentist may sound like a minor thing, but it can be more complicated than you might expect, particularly if you are moving to a new area.
Fortunately advances in technology make the process of finding a new dentist easier than it has ever been.
But even using modern technology, you will need to determine what you need to look for and what particular questions should be asked as you go through your search.
Knowing what you should look for and what to ask in your search for the best dentist in the Gold Coast area is the first step on the path to finding that great Gold Coast dentist that you and your family need and deserve!
To help people in the Gold Coast area who are looking for a dentist, Your Gold Coast Dentist offers the following helpful tips and strategies for finding a perfect dentist in the area, and we a certain it will turn out to be us!
Some Questions to Consider
It is important to get a good feel for your potential dentist and their office. To help you do this, Your Gold Coast Dentist suggests you ask the following questions (and come up with any individual questions that you think are important):
- Do you require anything special from your dentist?
- Does the dentist use cutting-edge technology?
- Are you given complete information on treatment fees, payment options, and steps of a treatment before getting in the dental chair?
- How does the dentist deal with an dental emergency? What emergency care services are offered and when?
- What are payment options? Does the dentist accept your insurance, offer payment plans, take advantage of the Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
- How does the dentist deal with dental anxieties or fear?
- What are the dentist’s educational background, experience, credentials, awards, etc?
- Is the practice up to date on the latest dental practices and techniques?
- Does the dentist mention “preventive dental care,” “gentle care”, or “family dental care?”
Searching for Your Dentist
- Ask your trusted friends, family, or experts if they recommend a particular dentist. In fact, ask anyone you trust – ask your pharmacist, doctor, or your current dentist if you are moving.
- Use online tools such as Google and Yelp to discover reviews from previous patients. Look for reviews with a narrative and details, that kind of review tends to be more trustworthy.
- Take a look at the dentists’ website. If the website isn’t good the dentist might not be looking for new patients, or might not have good business practices. Once in the website, check out the look and feel of the office, read blog posts, check if they have specials, and look for patient testimonials or recommendations.
- Visit! Nothing is better than a visit to the office to meet with the dentist and staff. While there, check out the office and dental surgeries to make sure they are clean and the staff wears proper protective clothing.
- Ask those questions! Use the questions we have given above, both to get detailed answers about how the dental office works and to get a sense for how well they communicate and how much they care about patients.
Other things to consider
When choosing a dentist, keep these issues in mind:
- Location. If everything else is equal, choose a closer dentist. Use Google Maps, or other online tools to check locations and travel times.
- Services available. The more services a dentist offers the more useful the dentist might be for you and your family. Keep in mind any special dental services (e.g. children’s dentistry, or happy gas for anxiety) you require.
- Health and Cleanliness. Be certain the clinic follows relevant governmental and industry standards.
- Fees. This is an important thing to consider when choosing a dentist who “fits the bill”. Ask about prices.
- Staff. Visiting the dentist can cause anxiety. But polite, welcoming, and professional staff can make your dental experience a better one.
Getting the most at Your Gold Coast Dentist!
Your Gold Coast Dentist is the right dental partner in the Parkwood area. Our practice combines the most advanced dental techniques available with high levels of skill and experience.
We provide the highest level of quality and comfort for patients of all kinds. From routine checkups to the most complicated procedures, Your Gold Coast Dentist can treat you and your family with the care and respect you deserve!
Call (07) 5594 6699 or visit us at Gold Coast Parkwood Piazza, Shop 10/300 Olsen Avenue in Parkwood on the Gold Coast.
Evening and Saturday appointments available!