Do you think your smile and overall appearance is the only thing that crooked teeth affect?
If so, think again. Research has demonstrated that crooked teeth are a threat to your dental and overall health.
At Your Gold Coast Dentist, the good news is that if you want your crooked teeth fixed, we’re here and happy to help!
In most cases, crooked teeth are caused by genetics, just as hair and eye colour are.
Other causes of crookedness include facial injury, early loss of baby teeth, or poor childhood habits, most often excessive pacifier use or thumb-sucking.
But no matter what causes your crooked teeth, they can harm you in ways you might not expect – ways that go beyond dental health to affect the rest of your body and even your life.
If you have a crooked tooth problem, Your Gold Coast Dentist has crooked teeth solutions, including our cutting-edge and efficient Fastbraces®!
Let’s take a closer look at why you should be concerned about crooked teeth.
Eight problems caused by crooked teeth
- Crooked teeth lead to gum disease – Developing gum disease is a common consequence of crooked teeth. Gum disease tends to be worse if your gums are loose around your teeth, leaving more room for bacteria.
- Crooked teeth lead to problems cleaning teeth– Toothbrush bristles and floss have a difficult time reaching spaces between crooked teeth.
- Crooked teeth cause bad breath– As unattractive as crooked teeth are, they can smell even worse. Most non-chronic bad breath is caused by bacteria, which can be difficult to clean from in between crooked teeth.
- Crooked teeth lead to tooth wear – Crowded teeth can cause protrusion; those teeth can rub against other teeth, leading to worn tooth enamel.
- Crooked teeth lead to the risk of tooth injuries – Protruding teeth are more likely to be chipped or cracked in an accident.
- Crooked teeth lead to chewing difficulties – Protruding teeth may meet prevent normal jaw alignment, making it difficult to eat.
- Crooked teeth damage happiness and self-esteem – Several studies indicate a better-looking smile increases the amount you smile, which can improve cognitive ability and lower stress.
- Crooked teeth decrease general health – Dental issues can seriously affect more than just oral health. Studies have proven that oral infections caused by bacteria buildup may lead to ailments, including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and pneumonia.
That seems like more than enough reasons to address crooked teeth! If you ignore these problems, you run substantial health risks, both dental and general.
And if you have your crooked teeth treated, you not only improve your health, but improve your life – studies show that straighter teeth lead to more confidence, higher self-esteem, and improved social, career, and love lives.
So let’s look at how Your Gold Coast Dentist can help!
Fastbraces® at Your Gold Coast Dentist!
Most people with crooked teeth would love an orthodontic treatment to straighten them, but don’t want braces because they can be uncomfortable, take a lot of time to work, and be difficult to clean.
At Your Gold Coast Dentist, we’re pleased to offer an affordable brace alternative in our comfortable office! Fastbraces® offer quicker results and a more comfortable experience.
The technology has been in use since 1992, and we’re proud to be a Fastbraces® provider.
How do Fastbraces® work? Traditional braces move teeth from the top down, but Fastbraces® corrects from the root, from the start of treatment.
How long does it take? Treatment can take from 3 months to a year, with some results appearing in weeks!
Are Fastbraces® less Painful? Yes! Fastbraces® uses less force, meaning less discomfort.
Is a retainer needed? Yes, but with your tooth roots aligned, a retainer is required for less than a half-hour a day!
Fastbraces® has been the key to a happier life – both personally and professionally, for thousands of patients around the world. Visit www.fastbraces.com for more amazing stories.
Am I a candidate for Fastbraces?
Here’s a checklist:
- Do you want a straighter smile?
- Do you want that new smile in a few months?
- Do you want to avoid discomfort?
- Do you want to pay less for your treatment?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, you could be an ideal candidate for Fastbraces®!
Getting the most at Your Gold Coast Dentist!
Your Gold Coast Dentist is the ideal dentist in the Parkwood area. Our practice has the most advanced dental techniques available combined with high levels of experience and skill.
We offer the highest level of quality and comfort for patients of all kinds. From routine checkups to the most complicated procedures, Your Gold Coast Dentist can treat you and your family with the care and respect you deserve!
Free Fastbraces® Consultations in Southport North
Evening and Saturday appointments available!